I’m going to swap a Gen III Hemi into a 1970 Charger. From what I can see, I’ll need the following:
From DIY Hemi
- DIY Hemi harness kit
- Hooker/Blackheart swap kit including Engine Mount Brackets, headers, trans crossmember, trans mount, oil pan, oil pick up tube, oil filter relocate kit
- Fuel regulator
- Champion radiator, shroud, electric fan(s), thermostat/relay kit
Other items to purchase:
- Fuse box (280 series - which one?)
- Custom driveshaft
From donor car or truck (have not identified one yet)
- Gen III hemi including ECM, TCM, Accelerator position sensor/gas pedal
- What does the DIY Hemi harness do? Does it provide connectivity to the original ignition key on the 1970 Charger? If so, SWEET!!! 😊
- Do I replace the original gas pedal in the 70 Charger with gas pedal from the donor vehicle?
- How do I get fuel to the engine? I assume I can use an external electric pump like this and put a fuel pressure regulator inline as well?
- I am hoping to use the automatic transmission from whichever donor vehicle I find. Will a modern automatic fit under the 70 Charger (not sure if they are larger than a 727) without modifying the tunnel?
- What’s involved in getting the shifter linkage to work?
Sorry for all the questions, but I want to know what I’m getting myself into.
If I could buy some of the items listed above from DIY Hemi (other than the harness) I’d be happy to do so.
Thanks in advance for your input.
I'm doing same build can stock header
Wow what a Great Information about World Day its exceptionally pleasant educational post. a debt of gratitude is in order for the post. https://cesaredami.co/
Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. https://countrywaydesign.com/
so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. https://www.creativeactivities.org/
Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear clarification of issues. It contains truly facts. Your website is very valuable. Thanks for sharing. https://www.deerparkrotary.org/
Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. https://www.fortpeckmarinaandrvpark.com/
Really impressive post. I read it whole and going to share it with my social circules. I enjoyed your article and planning to rewrite it on my own blog. https://www.give19.org/
I am really enjoying reading your well written articles. It looks like you spend a lot of effort and time on your blog. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work. https://inspirationalleadershipsummit.com/